Wedding Etiquette


Wedding Etiquette







Times have changed and many of the old rules of wedding etiquette simply don’t apply any more. The most important thing to remember it that etiquette is first and foremost about making people feel comfortable. If you have a “situation” or a “question” about what is appropriate, ask yourself “What would make my guests feel most comfortable?” When planning your wedding keep in mind the following:

• Ensure everyone including your wedding party, your family and your guests are treated with courtesy.
• Be considerate and make decisions based on maintaining the important relationships in your lives.
• Think about the kind of occasion that you, your friends and family will feel comfortable with.
• Forgo a tradition if it is likely to cause a falling-out or include one if it important to someone you car about.
• Be tactful and sensitive when considering step parents and extended family members.
• Be considerate of the needs of elderly or infirm guests and children if they are included.
• Anticipate potential problems in advance if they could lead to difficulties.

zerry ht  – (December 21, 2016 at 11:17 PM)  

This is a wonderful write up. I liked reading through this. I agree that making people comfortable is an essential wedding etiquette. I got married recently at Los Angeles wedding venues and I did my best to hire best services to give my guests best experience in my ceremony.

Post a Comment